Access to ISA
ISA welcomes applications, from national or international groups, for access to any ISA research facility.
Access to ASTRID2
Who can apply?
Anyone interested in carrying out research using one of the beam lines on ASTRID2, either from academia or industry, may apply.
- ISA is a member of the transnational access programme, CALIPSOplus. We are able to support users from EU member and associated states with an allowance for travel and subsistence, with beam time free of charge. For more information regarding this funding visit this page.
- Users from outside of Europe are also welcome to apply for access, we are unable to provide you with any funding for your visit, but the use of experimental facilities will be provided free of charge.
- Danish users are also not supported under the CALIPSOplus programme, but are requested to submit proposals in order to allow us to plan the user schedule.
How to apply?
Every year in the Autumn we make a call for proposals asking potential users to submit an application for time on one of the facilities at ASTRID2. The proposals are peer-reviewed by a panel and you will be informed of the outcome shortly afterwards.
We do not currently have an open call for proposals for beamtime on ASTRID2. However if you would like to come and use one of the beam lines and have not submitted a proposal it may still be possbile, as we reserve some time for new/test experiments. If there is time available (see the schedules) you can contact the appropriate beam line scientist to see if we can fit you in.
If you have not carried out experiments on one of the beam lines before, we recommend that you contact the relevant beamline scientist before submitting a proposal.
Zheshen Li (Matline) +45 2338 2346 Søren V. Hoffmann (UV, CD) +45 2338 2344 Nyk Jones (UV, CD) +45 2338 2355 Philip Hofmann (SGM3) +45 871 55612 Henrik B. Pedersen (AMO) +45 871 55653
In addition let us urge you to draw the attention of any potential new users to the ASTRID2 synchrotron radiation facility and all the possibilities that ASTRID2 present.
After your beam time
For all users of ASTRID2
For our records all users are requested to fill in and return a User Registration Form, you can download the registration form as a word document or pdf file below.
We ask you to email us with details of any publications (papers, articles, theses etc.) resulting from research carried out on any of the ASTRID or ASTRID2 facilities. Please email the full title and reference of the publication to and/or .
If you have received beam time under the CALIPSOplus access programme please read the instructions for project leaders on the CALIPSOplus page and ensure that all requirements related to your support have been satisfied.
- CALIPSOplus Instructions for Group Leaders of Supported Projects
For publications resulting from access supported by one of the EU programmes may we remind you to include the appropriate acknowledgement in the publication.
- Research supported by CALIPSOplus (1st July 2017 - 30th June 2021) should include the acknowledgement: "The research leading to this result has been supported by the project CALIPSOplus under the Grant Agreement 730872 from the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation HORIZON 2020".
- Research supported by CALIPSO (1st June 2012 - 31st May 2015) should include the acknowledgement: "The research leading to these results has received funding from the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) CALIPSO under grant agreement nº 312284."
- Research supported by i3-ELISA (1st March 2009 - 31st August 2011) should include the acknowledgement: "The research leading to these results has received funding from the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement nº 226716"
- Research supported by IA-SFS (1st March 2004 - 28th February 2009) should include an acknowledgement to the: I3 Integrated Activity on Synchrotron and Free Electron Laser Science (IA-SFS),contract number RII3-CT-2004-506008, under the Research Infrastructure Action of the FP6 EC programme Structuring the European Research Area.
Details of previous projects on ASTRID can be found in the pdf files below.
Project List 2005/06
Project List 2006/07
Project List 2007/08
Project List 2008/09
Project List 2009/10
Project List 2010/11
Project List 2011/12
Project List 2012/13 Project List 2014
Project List 2015
Project List 2016
Last Modified 18 June 2018